|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Season 4|
|No. of Episodes||10|
|Home video release|
|Blu-ray Disc release|
Season 4 of Fargo was announced by FX on January 5, 2018 and was set to premiere on April 19, 2020. However, on March 16, 2020, the season was delayed indefinitely. The fourth season is confirmed to take place in Kansas City, Missouri in 1950.
Essentially the locale will serve as the crossroads and collisions of two migrations, Italians coming from Italy and African Americans fleeing the south to escape Jim Crow, both fighting for a piece of the American dream as two controlling crime syndicates. They are at an uneasy peace controlling an alternate economy of exploitation, graft and drugs. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons.
Rock’s character in order to prosper has surrendered his oldest boy to his enemy, and who must in turn raise his son’s enemy as his own. Then the head of the Kansas City mafia goes into the hospital for routine surgery and dies. And everything changes.
The fourth season was announced by FX CEO John Landgraf that in a discussion with creator Noah Hawley about the possibility, to which Landgraf states "It's not gone. Noah Hawley has told us that he has an idea that excited me enormously for a fourth cycle of Fargo. The plan is to have that ready for 2019."
Noah Hawley later added "the next thing you’ll see of Fargo is going to be a book that looks at the [previous] three seasons with scripts, interviews and everything that I’m doing with [my publisher] Grand Central. We’re working on that now, so hopefully that’ll come out before the fourth [season]. It’s still early for me. I really love that world. But it’s still very much a question for me of making sure there’s something left to say about it, and balancing tone. I never want it to be something that people go, ‘Oh that thing, it’s the accents and the funny crime show.’ Yeah, it’s still very much a work in progress.”
In August 2018, Warren Littlefield confirmed that production would begin in Fall 2019.
- Chris Rock as Loy Cannon
- Ben Whishaw as Rabbi Milligan
- Jessie Buckley as Oraetta Mayflower
- Jack Huston as Odis Weff
- Jason Schwartzman as Josto Fadda
- Andrew Bird as Thurman Smutney
- Salvatore Esposito as Gaetano Fadda
- Jeremie Harris as Leon Bittle
- Gaetano Bruno as Constant Calamita
- Anji White as Dibrell Smutney
- Francesco Acquaroli as Ebal Violante
- E'myri Crutchfield as Ethelrida Pearl Smutney
- Amber Midthunder as TBA
- Glynn Turman as Doctor Senator
- Uzo Aduba as Zelmare Roulette
- Timothy Olyphant as Dick “Deafy” Wickware
- Karen Aldridge as Zelmare Routlette
|Title||Directed By||Air Dates||U.S. Viewers|
|1.||"Welcome to the Alternate Economy"||N/A||April 19, 2020||N/A|
|2.||"The Land of Talking and Killing"||N/A||April 26, 2020||N/A|
|3.||"Raddoppiarlo"||N/A||May 3, 2020||N/A|
|4.||"The Pretend War"||N/A||May 10, 2020||N/A|
|5.||"To be announced"||N/A||May 17, 2020||N/A|
|6.||"To be announced"||N/A||May 24, 2020||N/A|
|7.||"To be announced"||N/A||May 31, 2020||N/A|
|8.||"To be announced"||N/A||June 7, 2020||N/A|
|9.||"To be announced"||N/A||June 14, 2020||N/A|
|10.||"To be announced"||N/A||June 21, 2020||N/A|
To be added.
To be added.
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fxs-fargo-pushes-release-date-due-coronavirus-crisis-1284907
- ↑ http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/fargo-season-4-premiere-date-fx-1202654498/
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2018/08/fargo-season-4-chris-rock-fx-tca-1202439584/
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fargo-update-fourth-season-expected-2019-1071965
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/05/fargo-2019-season-4/